Skip to main content

Featured

Sen-Fi's 2023 IEM Tier List

Before the year ends I created this tier list for fun and wanted to categorize the IEMs I reviewed, auditioned, and owned. DISCLAIMER: Anything on this tier list is subjective. You can refer below to how I logically categorize some of the IEMs on this list This list is not the "one true tier list" or the "gospel". Geez, I'm not that much of an expert and what's good for you may not be good for others, vice versa. I'm basically doing this for fun, I currently have an issue on my right ear so I won't be doing some reviews for a while. Everything on the list is tried and tested, I won't include anything I haven't tested. I won't put description on every IEMs on the list unless I have to justify it. Just have fun reading my tier list, no need to be too serious. Sen-Fi 2023 Tier List GOD Tier  (not in my official Tier List. These are basically revered being in God Tier because of their paramount price, only a selected few can own it, and it ha

BLON BL-07 - The Best BLON?




Pros
  • Best overall sound within its price-range
  • Above-average details
  • Punchy lows
  • Clear mids
  • Great treble extension


Cons

  • Sound? At this price-point none (subjectively speaking)
  • Accessories? Yes, eartips are horrible

Disclaimer
: This unit was won on a raffle between my audio peers. No money was involved during this review, rest assured that everything written on this review will be unbiased.

BLON has been around ever since I started this hobby and the BL-03 is the first BLON unit I had way back the late 2018s and I honestly liked my BL-03s before. Now, in my hands is the BL-07 which had a very unique design and I really like its color.

BLON also found ways to improve their packaging, I remember the BL-03 having some kind of gibberish and alien words on the package like the infamous "oppoty" and "driams". Anyways enough of the overview and let's start the review.


/ packaging /

The Packaging is smaller and has a generous amount of accessories that includes a pouch which is similar to the older models, an instruction manual, three pairs of silicone eartips, cable, and two cone-shaped eartips. These cone-shaped eartips makes way for deeper insertion and the capability to fit into smaller ears compared to the regular silicone eartips. Overall, the eartips is still low-quality. I am currently using a BGVP A08 tips. As forthe cable, this is a great improvement compared to the BL-03.

eartips
BLON stock eartips

earphone
BLON BL-07 with stock cable



/ sound /

Lows
Lows are definitely the star of the show here and is a very bassy IEM. The decay has average length, bass has good dynamics with deep reaching sub-bass and thick midbass. Compared to the BL-03, the BL-07s lows are more controlled and the over all sound 
is not as dark as its older brother.

Mids
Mids are surpisingly clear and natural. I don't recognize any harsh experiences with the higher mids, vocals are lush and forward. I am actually impressed with the mids of the BL-07 considering it is a bassy IEM, then again I cannot vouch that this is a bass heavy IEM which explains why the midrange still has good tonality.

Highs
Highs are well-presented with good clear and detailed resolution. No sibilance is observed and no harsh peaky instances. The highs has good amount of air distributing a fair amount of space for instruments and vocals.

Soundstage & Imaging
The soundstage of the BL-07 is above average. Better than most IEMs for its competing price. 
BL-07 has good imaging, micro-details can be heard on some tracks in my experience. Instruments and vocals are well-placed.

FINAL SCORE




BL-07 is definitely a great leap from BL-03, I haven't tried the BL-01, BL-05, the weird macaroni BLON, and the BLON-Max that looks like an oversized tick to progressively commend BLON on their sound quality and if consistency is a word, BLON is an opposite of that word. Yes, the BL-03 during that time is a huge hit and miss with different reviews and sound coming from that unit. Sound ranging from U shaped to V- shaped to absurdity. It also doesn't have the best accessories around. So hearing the BL-07 is definitely a saving grace and I commend BLON with their improvements in the competition. 
Personally, I like my BL-03 since it came from the first batch before the inconsistent wreck happened to new batches of BL-03s. After that, I never received another BLON IEM again until BL-07 arrived. But, I also have to commend BLON again for one element that most Chi-Fi budget markets never had. It's creativity, I have never seen similar designs from BLON units and each unit will either satisfy me, make jokes of it, or laugh at it especially the one that looks like an elbow macaroni. But those remarks are what makes BLON unique and not mundane and each iteration is another whole new world for BLON. Therefore, I leave a good remark and kudos to BLON for this improvement.

Comments

Popular Posts