Skip to main content

Featured

Sen-Fi's 2023 IEM Tier List

Before the year ends I created this tier list for fun and wanted to categorize the IEMs I reviewed, auditioned, and owned. DISCLAIMER: Anything on this tier list is subjective. You can refer below to how I logically categorize some of the IEMs on this list This list is not the "one true tier list" or the "gospel". Geez, I'm not that much of an expert and what's good for you may not be good for others, vice versa. I'm basically doing this for fun, I currently have an issue on my right ear so I won't be doing some reviews for a while. Everything on the list is tried and tested, I won't include anything I haven't tested. I won't put description on every IEMs on the list unless I have to justify it. Just have fun reading my tier list, no need to be too serious. Sen-Fi 2023 Tier List GOD Tier  (not in my official Tier List. These are basically revered being in God Tier because of their paramount price, only a selected few can own it, and it ha

Haylou GT7 : Haylou's Dark Horse

 



Pros:

  • Good bass compared to other budget TWS
  • Good V-Shaped TWS
  • Good for Gaming
  • Amazing battery-life


Cons:

  • Bass may sound muddy at some tracks
  • Average overall sound-quality
  • Controls have minimal delays
  • No volume and playback controls, only a pause and play
  • Does not have dust-proof and waterproof rating



Haylou is a brand belonging to Dongguan Liesheng Electronic Technology. It is a subsidiary of Xiaomi, for those who do not know. This will be my first time reviewing a True Wireless Stereo since the majority of my reviews are In-ear monitors (IEM).

DISCLAIMER : This review is not compensated by any means by Haylou. This unit is bought from a third-party seller and is not affiliated with Haylou. This review will be honest and unbiased.

/ packaging /

The Haylou GT7 has a straightforward, barebone package. 

Haylou GT7 packaging


  • Type-C Connector
  • 3 pairs of eartips

/🖼 design /



The unit is encased in an oval capsule-shaped charging case. It has an engraved Haylou label on the cover. The case is made up of plastic. As for the earbuds, the earbuds have a generic , plastic earpod design that you can see on some cheap TWS units. It has an oval-shaped nozzle that lies diagonally in your ears, attached to a very short stem. The earbuds are comfortable and easy to wear; however, wearing them accidentally causes me to press the pause button. One of the major cons of this design, the earbuds are not waterproof. So one "ploop" on a tub of water will render these earbuds dead.

So far, the design is average. I'll give it a 3.5/5.

/📶 connectivity and control /

Controls are okay, but sometimes annoying. Responsiveness has a 1 sec. delay. 
Here are the following controls, you can also refer to the instruction manual. 
  • Tap L or R once to play/pause music
  • Double-tap R to skip a song 
  • Double-tap L to trigger gaming mode on or off
  • Triple tap L or R for the voice assistant
GT7 light indicates charging


Controls are satisfactory for a budget TWS, so 3/5.

/ 🔋 battery life / 

The battery reaches up to 4-5 hours of standard playtime on a single charge. Giving a total of 20 hours with the case.

Battery life is excellent, especially if you do not always use it. I use this outside and commuting since it's more convenient than using a wired earpiece. So I'll give the battery a 4/5.

/🔊 sound and usage /

The Haylou GT7 leans on a V-shape signature, which is very common for any chi-fi earpiece on the market. I don't find it surprising. Still it sounds above-average than the usual cheap set of TWS.

BASS
Bass is elevated. Mid-bass has a strong and energetic thump which is good for modern genres like hip-hop, EDM, and pop. Sub-bass is deep and earthy, and you can feel that rumbling bass. It is not a perfect, clean, tuned bass, but this will satisfy bass heads. It would sound muddy at times on low-quality music files.

I'll give the bass a 4 out of 5.

MIDS
Lower-mids are slightly recessed. Vocals are not that engaging and you can feel it far back. The resolution is somewhat excellent and clear.  Upper-mids has a different story. Occasional peaks may arise, making it sound harsh in the 2k frequency range. 

Overall, the mids are average. 3 out of 5.

TREBLE
Treble is elevated and artificial sounding. For the price, it's what I expected. However, it still has some air in it. Sibilance is less to none on some tracks but not excessive to make me turn down on these.

Another average score is 3 out of 5.

Soundstage and Imaging 
Soundstage is not that exemplary and worth writing home about, but it has enough space to determine the position of the vocals and instruments. For a cheap set of TWS, it still delivers an okay amount of detail retrieval.

3 out of 5.

FINAL SCORE



Haylou GT7 is a suitable TWS earpiece if you want to use it for calls or gaming. Latency is low, but I still prefer to use a wired earpiece when gaming. The sound is good for its price. It may not be as acknowledged and loved as its predecessor, the Haylou GT1 Pro, but this may be worth considering if you like its design. 

Should I recommend it?
Would I recommend the GT7? I advise you to look for another TWS and compare it to the GT7 if it does not meet your taste. Then, make GT7 the last choice. Calls, okay. Gaming? Okay, it may be good or bad since I still feel a bit of latency between the feedback of the sound. Controls, bad. The delay is annoying. Build? Average, the plastic material feels cheap and generic, but it can still hold out to pass a quality check. 

When it comes to sound, it's okay for the price. It's fun, aggressive, and energetic. I believe its sound quality is the only redeeming factor for recommending the Haylou GT7.









Comments

Popular Posts