Skip to main content

Featured

Sen-Fi's 2023 IEM Tier List

Before the year ends I created this tier list for fun and wanted to categorize the IEMs I reviewed, auditioned, and owned. DISCLAIMER: Anything on this tier list is subjective. You can refer below to how I logically categorize some of the IEMs on this list This list is not the "one true tier list" or the "gospel". Geez, I'm not that much of an expert and what's good for you may not be good for others, vice versa. I'm basically doing this for fun, I currently have an issue on my right ear so I won't be doing some reviews for a while. Everything on the list is tried and tested, I won't include anything I haven't tested. I won't put description on every IEMs on the list unless I have to justify it. Just have fun reading my tier list, no need to be too serious. Sen-Fi 2023 Tier List GOD Tier  (not in my official Tier List. These are basically revered being in God Tier because of their paramount price, only a selected few can own it, and it ha

TKZK Wave : A New Splash of Wave

TKZK Wave



Pros :
  • Good bright sound profile
  • Clear and crisp mids
  • Excellent details
  • Wonderful fit and the resin material is a plus

Cons :
  • Included tips are not good
  • May sound shouty and metallic on higher frequencies
  • Bad stock cable

DISCLAIMER :
I bought this TKZK Wave with my own money and this is a pre-owned unit. I received no monetary compensation from anybody even TKZK itself. Rest assured that this will be an honest and unbiased review.


Sources used:
LG V50
Zishan U1
Not-By-VE Abigail DAC

/ packaging /

TKZK offers minimal and a straightforward packaging, nothing fancy. Package includes an earphone pouch, and some wide bore tips.

/ sound /

BASS 

Bass is present but not excessive, the mid-bass and sub-bass are on equal par to each other. It does not have that rumbling lows as you would expect on other IEMs in this price range but it still have enough to even out the higher frequencies. Sadly, bassheads may have to look somewhere else.

MIDS 
Mids are clear, with a forward presentation. Upper mids are elevated with enough clarity and air which makes this an ideal earphone that would favor female vocals. However, there are instances that I find the upper-mids shouty and harsh so I suggest toning it down to the safest volume possible.

TREBLE 
I believe this is where the TKZK Wave shines. It is definitely bright, with the right amount of airiness and decent detail retrieval with no signs of sibilance. At this price point it is a cheap, wonderful alternative from HZSound's Heart Mirror.
Overall they did a pretty decent job.

Soundstage/Imaging
Soundstage is not that wide, just average and doesn't sound too compressed. The imaging is above-average, with decent accuracy between vocals and instruments but suffers tremendously from low quality tracks and busy tracks you'll be in for an unpleasant listening experience.

FINAL SCORE

TKZK Wave Score


The TKZK Wave is a wonderful and cheap bright IEM that performs way above its price point. It doesn't have the most natural sounding treble around but if you want a decent, detailed IEM somewhere between $25 and wanted to have a change of heart from the usual V-Shaped profiles offered by other Chi-Fi markets.

Then I recommend the Wave for you, really affordable and worth it. I just recommend you to change the cables and eartips though. 

Comments

Popular Posts