Skip to main content

Featured

Sen-Fi's 2023 IEM Tier List

Before the year ends I created this tier list for fun and wanted to categorize the IEMs I reviewed, auditioned, and owned. DISCLAIMER: Anything on this tier list is subjective. You can refer below to how I logically categorize some of the IEMs on this list This list is not the "one true tier list" or the "gospel". Geez, I'm not that much of an expert and what's good for you may not be good for others, vice versa. I'm basically doing this for fun, I currently have an issue on my right ear so I won't be doing some reviews for a while. Everything on the list is tried and tested, I won't include anything I haven't tested. I won't put description on every IEMs on the list unless I have to justify it. Just have fun reading my tier list, no need to be too serious. Sen-Fi 2023 Tier List GOD Tier  (not in my official Tier List. These are basically revered being in God Tier because of their paramount price, only a selected few can own it, and it ha

KBEAR INK : Just Another V-Shaped IEM?

 

Pros:

  • Bass has good tuning
  • Generous accessories
  • Very easy to drive
  • Nice fit to the ears
  • Soundstage is decent
Cons :
  • Hint of harshness to prolonged listening
  • Average technicalities
  • Can easily be overshadowed by its competitors


KBear is a chinese company that created the Lark, and Robin and has a subsidiary brand named TRI which is known for the TRI Meteor model that I have reviewed before. This time, we are going to review the KBear INK, a single-driver IEM that is priced at around $70. Is it worthwhile? Or will this be another option for me?

DISCLAIMER : This is only a review unit  provided by Keephifi. I am in no way associated with KBEAR during this review. I received no monetary compensation and this will be an unbiased review.

/ build /



The faceplate has a honeycomb design with blue accents and the brand logo itself, which I find the design good but nothing to write home about. The shell has an aluminum body with a gold-plated nozzle. Overall, the build looks robust, light, and comfortable to use.

/ packaging /

We can't deny that KB EAR is very generous when it comes to packaging. Here are the following packages inside the box:


- KBear INK driver
- 8-core braided 2-pin cable


- 5 pairs of KBEAR07 silicone tips
- 3 pairs of KBEAR10 silicone tips


- Faux-leather case


- Brush

/ sound /

The KBear INK has a V-shaped sound signature in my opinion, owing to its elevated bass and treble and recessed midrange.
BASS : The bass is boosted and quite good.The midbass is more prominent than the sub-bass, which packs quite a punch to the ear. Sub-bass is present but doesn't go deep, let's say, compared to the TRI Meteor in which you can really feel that earthy and rumbling sub-bass.

Still, if you are a basshead, you can still enjoy these.

MIDS : Personally, I am not a fan of INK's midrange. The lower mids are recessed, the vocals are laid-back and unengaging. The upper mids have a slight hint of harshness.

HIGHS : This is also not my favorite, treble goes hot with longer listening sessions. It is elevated, given that this is a V-Shaped IEM. Clearly bright, but in comparison to the mids, the treble region has decent extension and air. I would not recommend this for longer listening sessions since it's tiring, at least for me.

SOUNDSTAGE AND IMAGING: The soundstage is fairly decent; it has a decent height and width that I can compare to a master's bedroom type of width; I don't know if that makes any sense, but ok. For imaging, it is also average. It's not bad, it can perform as it should be. Vocals, and instruments are neatly placed and distinguishable. 

FINAL SCORE




Overall, I am not satisfied with the INK. Sound-wise, it performs at an average level compared to its price. It is good for casual listeners who like a V-shaped pair, but for more sophisticated and treble-sensitive listeners, I would not recommend this. The midrange and the treble just did not sit well enough for me, but this may be a good factor to consider for future improvements. I personally like the Meteor before, INK just isn't my preferred sound. Personally, I'm not a fan of V-Shaped IEMs. For $70, I may need to reconsider my options at this price range. I might go for an Etymotic ER2XR instead.

Comments

Popular Posts