Skip to main content

Featured

Sen-Fi's 2023 IEM Tier List

Before the year ends I created this tier list for fun and wanted to categorize the IEMs I reviewed, auditioned, and owned. DISCLAIMER: Anything on this tier list is subjective. You can refer below to how I logically categorize some of the IEMs on this list This list is not the "one true tier list" or the "gospel". Geez, I'm not that much of an expert and what's good for you may not be good for others, vice versa. I'm basically doing this for fun, I currently have an issue on my right ear so I won't be doing some reviews for a while. Everything on the list is tried and tested, I won't include anything I haven't tested. I won't put description on every IEMs on the list unless I have to justify it. Just have fun reading my tier list, no need to be too serious. Sen-Fi 2023 Tier List GOD Tier  (not in my official Tier List. These are basically revered being in God Tier because of their paramount price, only a selected few can own it, and it ha

NICEHCK EB2S : The Cheapest LCP Earbud yet!



NICEHCK has been making cheap earbuds in the chi-fi market, and I have tried a few of their budget earphones. They are well-known for mass-producing these earbuds for those who cannot afford high-priced earbuds but want to get into the hobby. NICEHCK would be a good stepping stone before you crave a better listening experience.

Today, we are going to review the NICEHCK EB2S, probably the cheapest LCP diaphragm earbuds on the market right now, knowing that LCP diaphragms themselves sell for $20 for just one pair. This is definitely a deal-breaker. The Astrotec Vesna is the cheapest IEM counterpart to these earbuds.

DISCLAIMER : This is a loan unit provided to me by a fellow reviewer. I am in no way connected with NICEHCK or anyone affiliated with them. I received no monetary compensation during and after this review. My reviews will remain unbiased and honest.


PACKAGING

Since this is a used loan unit, the package is incomplete. However, the package usually includes the following:

  • Earbuds
  • Pouch
  • 3 pair of foams

It's pretty straightforward with a "waifu" design on the box which has been a marketing trend lately where they use anime girls on the packaging. 

Pros:

  • midcentric
  • good fit and lightweight for additional comfort
  • easy to drive
  • budget-friendly
  • cheapest LCP earbud

Cons:

  • may sound absurdly boring for those who are looking for a fun-sounding earphone.
  • not recommended for outdoor use, just don't



SOUND

The sound has a mid-centric to warm experience. It has a forward vocal presentation and a toned-down bass presence, definitely not for bassheads. Yeah, just stick with an IEM if you demand a fun-sounding earphone. Best genre for acoustic, jazz, classical, metal, and rock.

Lows : Lows are present but not elevated. It is not a bassy earbud and does not reach the level of depth that I even prefer.

Mids : The mids are a surprise in this price range. Usually, vocals either sound muddy, recessed, or nasal in this price range. The EB2S is built differently. It is forward, it has decent body and weight to make it sound absolutely decent. 

Treble : The highs have decent clarity and air. Fortunately, it does not feel harsh or metallic in my ears, and it has just enough to allow me to listen to these pairs without sibilance; ideal for long listening sessions. Details are somehow average but would do for a sub-$20 earbud.

Soundstage and Imaging : The soundstage is wide; it has decent space and separation of vocals and instruments. Imaging is somehow accurate and is able to present instruments and vocals within the soundstage.


FINAL RATING

The NICEHCK EB2S is an excellent value earbud to consider if you want a decent sounding earbud under $20, as well as a good starting point for newcomers to the hobby who prefer a neutral sound signature. It may not have the bass and energy that most consumers need, but it is a good gateway earbud for those who want to experience high-fidelity audio.

 

 






Comments

Popular Posts