Skip to main content

Featured

Sen-Fi's 2023 IEM Tier List

Before the year ends I created this tier list for fun and wanted to categorize the IEMs I reviewed, auditioned, and owned. DISCLAIMER: Anything on this tier list is subjective. You can refer below to how I logically categorize some of the IEMs on this list This list is not the "one true tier list" or the "gospel". Geez, I'm not that much of an expert and what's good for you may not be good for others, vice versa. I'm basically doing this for fun, I currently have an issue on my right ear so I won't be doing some reviews for a while. Everything on the list is tried and tested, I won't include anything I haven't tested. I won't put description on every IEMs on the list unless I have to justify it. Just have fun reading my tier list, no need to be too serious. Sen-Fi 2023 Tier List GOD Tier  (not in my official Tier List. These are basically revered being in God Tier because of their paramount price, only a selected few can own it, and it ha

Tin T2 DLC : Another T2?



The TINHIFI 2 DLC! Oh, the design takes me back to when I had TinHifi T2, I used to adore that pair back in 2019. In my hands is the TinHifi T2 DLC, The T2 line received a lot of iterations and variations, like from the original T2 to Pro, Plus, EVO, and now, the DLC. 

DISCLAIMER : This is a review unit I was lent by my fellow reviewer Eiji Romero, I am not representing TinHifi in any way. I received no monetary compensation during or after this review. This will be an honest and unbiased review.

The T2 DLC costs $59. It still keeps the original shell and form factor from the original T2 with some minor differences. The logo is showcased on the T2 DLC wherein the original does not. The predecessors also have an MMCX connection. This time for DLC, they decided to use a 2-pin connection, which is a plus for some. It is lightweight and very comfortable to wear, but this unit's earhook is really annoying to wear since it doesn't sit properly on my ears.

Pros : 

  • Balanced sound
  • Uses a 2-pin connection.

 

Cons:

  • Average technicalities
  • It sounds dampened.
  • Treble could be improved.
  • Could find better options for $59

 

PACKAGING:



The packaging brings back the old T2 packaging, but this time it's black and has a cloth-like texture instead of the usual faux-leather case. Other than that we have these inclusions inside the box:






  • T2 DLC
  • 8-core silver-plated cable
  • 5 pairs of silicone ear tips
  • 1 pair foam ear tips 

SOUND :

The sound has a balanced sound with sufficient impactful bass, an average midrange, and a tuned-down treble. Honestly, I am not that impressed with the T2 DLCs, but it's a better and more matured version of the first iterations of T2. The T2 had a bright sound signature with less impactful bass but shimmering treble, which is not a preferable option for many and may sound fatiguing to listen, I sold the T2 way back in 2019 for this reason. 

LOWS :  The bass is balanced yet has enough impact and energy. The mid-bass is the primary focus, with a minor contribution from the sub-bass. This is not the most powerful and dynamic bass around, so I am not sure if bass heads will like these.

MIDS: The mids sound damp, flat, and unengaging. The upper-mids are insufficient and don't shine that much in these IEM. Again, they feel restricted in what they are capable of.

TREBLE: The treble feels rolled-off; it is not harsh or shimmering. This sounds somewhat recessed, as if it is bland and boring. Most of the focus is on the lower frequency. It is not terrible, but it doesn't have enough air and resolution to it. Just like the mids, they feel restricted, but at least the treble has more room and energy to compensate for what the mids are lacking.

SOUNDSTAGE AND IMAGING : The soundstage is average, it sometimes feels like enough width and the sounds feel restricted, especially with poor quality audio. For the image, it is average. I can still pinpoint the location of the vocals and instruments, but that's it.

FINAL RATING



COMPARISONS:

Tin T2 Original: Despite the 5-year gap, the original T2 and T2 DLC aren't much of an upgrade. Nothing seemed worth taking note of, and T2's existence seemed irrelevant, no offense. However, sound-wise, T2's overall technicalities are superior to T2 DLC due to the fact that T2 is leaning towards a brighter sound signature. I personally would prefer T2 over T2 DLC. Way back in 2019, I preferred T2 to the original T3. So if we were to compare it to the T2 DLC, I'd say at least the original T2 put up a fight in the competitive market during its time, but not in 2022. I don't think so.



To conclude this review, I think the T2 DLC never had any strength but has a lot of holes to plug. The bass is sufficient but not energetic or powerful enough to satisfy bassheads; the mids are insufficient for midcentric listeners; and the treble did not shine too brightly for treble-heads. Personally, it sounds unengaging, but I think if some people were given the chance to audition it, I think some might like its balanced sound signature.

Comments

Popular Posts