Skip to main content

Featured

Sen-Fi's 2023 IEM Tier List

Before the year ends I created this tier list for fun and wanted to categorize the IEMs I reviewed, auditioned, and owned. DISCLAIMER: Anything on this tier list is subjective. You can refer below to how I logically categorize some of the IEMs on this list This list is not the "one true tier list" or the "gospel". Geez, I'm not that much of an expert and what's good for you may not be good for others, vice versa. I'm basically doing this for fun, I currently have an issue on my right ear so I won't be doing some reviews for a while. Everything on the list is tried and tested, I won't include anything I haven't tested. I won't put description on every IEMs on the list unless I have to justify it. Just have fun reading my tier list, no need to be too serious. Sen-Fi 2023 Tier List GOD Tier  (not in my official Tier List. These are basically revered being in God Tier because of their paramount price, only a selected few can own it, and it ha

Tanchjim Zero : Neutrals For Less




Sen, here! This unit may have been too late for the party but it's not going to stop me from reviewing these earphones. Of course, for those who seek another cheap-ultra budget earphones this one is for you!

DISCLAIMER:

The Tanchjim Zero is a personal unit and was bought with my own money, I have no affiliation with the brand or any of its distributors whatsoever. This will be an honest and unbiased review.

Pros:

  • probably the cheapest neutral set you can get
  • very comfortable, can be used as a sleeper IEM
  • for the price, this is the most decent sounding one around
  • non-fatiguing highs

Cons:

  • not for bassheads
  • does not look durable


TANCHJIM ZERO


The Tanchjim Zero has a transparent plastic shell with an aluminum faceplate; it has a round shell which is somehow very comfortable to wear. The cables are fixed and the type of cables used are the ones you commonly see in other cheaper sets of earphones in the Chinese market. It's good since it doesn't have the tendency to create unnecessary microphonic which is something worth considering.

Tanchjim Zero eartips,manual, warranty card

Inner box

Outer box

SOUND:

The sound of the Zero is almost neutral with less emphasis on the bass and more on the mids, majority of casual listeners tend to have a liking for a much energetic and fun sounding pair than the Zero but for those who wanted their sound as natural as possible within this budget I believe you might like the Zero to your liking.

LOWS: The bass is less emphasized and I will say this now, bassheads better stay away with these pair because they will utterly be disappointed with the lack of energy in the lower region. 

MIDS: The mids are clean, precise, and very natural. Upper mids has more emphasis on the lower mids with no evidence of harshness. This is perfect if you listen to alternative/indie genres.

HIGHS: As some cheaper IEMs tend to mess up in the treble region; if not being sibilant they tend to sound metallic and unnatural, both resulting to listening fatigue. The Zero is definitely not one of those IEMs, the treble sounds natural and pleasant to the ears. It is not the best when it comes to retrieving details, and not the most airy treble around but it is basically the most pleasant to listen to.

TECHNICALITIES:

The soundstage is average, the width is just somewhere in the middle where you won't expect it to be wide but does not fall short to have a narrow presentation. Imaging is also average, location and separation between vocals and acoustic materials can still be located but not in an accurate sense.


To conclude this review, the Tanchjim Zero is an IEM not a lot of listeners would appreciate especially if you are a basshead. However, if you are like me who does not nitpick earphones, or just wanted to relieve yourself from the ever-exhausting world of V-shaped IEMs, the Zero is a perfect match for you. It is comfortable, not on the most robust durability, but for less than $10 I think this is your best bet.

Comments

Popular Posts