Skip to main content

Featured

Sen-Fi's 2023 IEM Tier List

Before the year ends I created this tier list for fun and wanted to categorize the IEMs I reviewed, auditioned, and owned. DISCLAIMER: Anything on this tier list is subjective. You can refer below to how I logically categorize some of the IEMs on this list This list is not the "one true tier list" or the "gospel". Geez, I'm not that much of an expert and what's good for you may not be good for others, vice versa. I'm basically doing this for fun, I currently have an issue on my right ear so I won't be doing some reviews for a while. Everything on the list is tried and tested, I won't include anything I haven't tested. I won't put description on every IEMs on the list unless I have to justify it. Just have fun reading my tier list, no need to be too serious. Sen-Fi 2023 Tier List GOD Tier  (not in my official Tier List. These are basically revered being in God Tier because of their paramount price, only a selected few can own it, and it ha

CCZ WARRIOR : Powerful and Strong


The CCZ Warrior is CCZ's latest budget IEM on the market. It has been a year since I last tried CCZ IEMs, and that was the CCZ Coffee Bean, CCZ's budget  IEM during the third quarter of 2021.

 DISCLAIMER:

  • I am not affiliated with CCZ and received no monetary compensation during or after this review. This unit is provided by KEEPHIFI in exchange for  an honest and unbiased review.
  • I am not a professional reviewer and would only coin simple terms for most beginners, and experts in the hobby to understand.
  • Words taken from this review should be taken with a grain of salt. However, I can assure you that my findings won't differ a few miles from yours and will discuss what I have heard using my audio gears.



PACKAGING:


CCZ's packaging is very simple, just the usual budget Chi-Fi box that you get from other companies, only this one is a millimeter longer. Inclusions are simple and straightforward. It includes the unit, cable, and three pairs of eartips. Kind of disappointing, honestly; some companies offer more for less.

BUILD QUALITY:


The CCZ Warrior has a light-weight resin shell with a plastic faceplate and a metal rim surrounding it. The faceplate bears the brand's name and model name. The shell has CCZ's patented rubber fins for added comfort. The 2-pin port is slightly protruded, which offers a more durable port than the more protruded QDC types. The cable is a 4-core braided OFC cable, nothing more, nothing less.

SOUND: 

The name Warrior fits with how its sounds, it has an overall strong and powerful sound. It has a V-shaped sound signature with prominent lows and slightly elevated highs. It's a fun-sounding set for those looking for strong bass and a relaxed listening experience.

BASS:

The bass is prominent and boosted. The mid-bass is focused on this pair. It has a tight response and a good texture. The sub-bass is still commendable, with good depth and rumble. Overall, the bass will definitely satisfy bassheads, it is REALLY strong.

MIDS:

Mids are thicker, warmer, and recessed. Because of the weight of the bass, the vocals are much deeper and richer. Male vocals are definitely strong and brusque. Female vocals sounded more mature and soothing. Instruments sound warmer, less natural, but have a relaxing timbre.

TREBLE: 

The treble sounds smooth; it is very energetic and slightly elevated, but it doesn't sound jolting to the ears.

SOUNDSTAGE AND IMAGING:

The soundstage is average. It has enough width and height to properly separate vocals and instruments. The imaging is average as well. Instruments and vocals are still recognizable; it has a good attack but average decay, which is why the Warrior struggles poorly on busy tracks.


Pros:

  • Cheap
  • Powerful and emphasized bass
  • Inoffensive highs

Cons:

  • Average technicalities
  • Bass bleed
  • Barebones inclusion


The CCZ Warrior is a good budget IEM for those who are looking for a bass-heavy IEM with smooth tonality. It is very cheap and you cannot go wrong with it, I may have preferred to buy it myself if it has any other inclusions included in the package but that is only my personal nitpick. 

 

Comments

Popular Posts