Skip to main content

Featured

Sen-Fi's 2023 IEM Tier List

Before the year ends I created this tier list for fun and wanted to categorize the IEMs I reviewed, auditioned, and owned. DISCLAIMER: Anything on this tier list is subjective. You can refer below to how I logically categorize some of the IEMs on this list This list is not the "one true tier list" or the "gospel". Geez, I'm not that much of an expert and what's good for you may not be good for others, vice versa. I'm basically doing this for fun, I currently have an issue on my right ear so I won't be doing some reviews for a while. Everything on the list is tried and tested, I won't include anything I haven't tested. I won't put description on every IEMs on the list unless I have to justify it. Just have fun reading my tier list, no need to be too serious. Sen-Fi 2023 Tier List GOD Tier  (not in my official Tier List. These are basically revered being in God Tier because of their paramount price, only a selected few can own it, and it ha

TIN HiFi C3 Review


The TinHifi C3 is one of TinHifi's latest releases, along with the C2, after releasing the TinHifi T2 DLC that I reviewed before, which I found redundant, so it really got a low ranking. The TinHifi C3 has a really sleek carbon look and a very comfortable shell. Yet, how does it sound? Will I rate this one higher? Let's find out.

DISCLAIMER

  • I am not affiliated with Tin Hifi and received no monetary compensation during or after this review. This unit is provided by Linsoul in exchange for  an honest and unbiased review.
  • I am not a professional reviewer and would only coin simple terms for most beginners, and experts in the hobby to understand.
  • Words taken from this review should be taken with a grain of salt. It's  still the best experience to try out the unit when you get the opportunity.


PACKAGING

TinHiFi kept the packaging minimalistic, with a white box and the model name on the cover. The inclusions are barebones and only include the unit, the cables, and some eartips.


Tin HiFi C3

Eartips

Cables

BUILD QUALITY

The build quality is totally top-notch; it has a full-resin design, which I really like, and a carbon design on the faceplate bearing the TinHifi logo. It has a standard 2-pin port, which is another plus. The cables look good, but the braids are messy. The fit is absolutely comfortable, lightweight, and the inner fit design really sits on your outer ear and snugs well on your inner ear without that uncomfortable and fatiguing sensation over time.


SOUND

The sound of the C3 is very easy to determine. The C3 is unquestionably neutral, as well as the best and most outstanding model in this price range. You may be reminded of the T3 Plus by the sound signature, so if you own a T3 Plus right now, I suggest this won't even be an upgrade.


LOWS : The lows are balanced with no certain focus. It is not that impactful, but it has some weight on the bass. It's more of an "oomph" than a punch. The attack is a bit slow, and the decay is average. No bleeds in the lower midrange were observed. Overall, the lows might not give a very impactful experience, but it is still pretty good.


MIDS:  The mids are neutral, with no bias toward either female or male vocals. Vocals and instruments go hand-in-hand and may not offer smooth, warm mids or articulate, clinical details, but they perform somewhere in between. The midrange has a smooth transition towards the upper midrange and treble and does not sound peaky and harsh.


HIGHS: The highs are smooth but not that airy. It has average resolution, and some treble-headed people might not like its overall performance. Just like the lower frequency, the attack of the treble is more on the average side; it lacks a certain amount of clarity and openness, but because of this, you can expect a smooth, inoffensive experience from this pair.


TECHNICALITIES: The soundstage isn't particularly wide or three-dimensional; it's more two-dimensional, to be sure, but it's not crowded; it's simply average. Imaging is also average, enough to distinguish instruments and vocals. On very busy tracks, it may sound unrefined, unresolving, and lacking in details and resolution, where some instruments either go in the back and sound distant or sound distorted.


Pros:
  • A good neutral pair for the price bracket
  • A lighter and cheaper Tin T3 Plus
  • Very comfortable to wear
  • Cable included looks  astounding
Cons:
  • Average technicalities
  • It can be a niche for this pair; it's not for everybody.

To conclude, while offering a neutral sound signature, it is not the most articulate pair within this price range. Because it fits really well into the ear and is very comfortable, I personally enjoyed this pair for casual listening and commuting if I wanted to isolate myself from my surroundings. I would still recommend this since it is much cheaper than T3 Plus. T3 Plus is still slightly better in terms of technicalities, but in tonality, they share no major difference. The TinHifi C3 starts at $49 at Linsoul.

Comments

Popular Posts